Fun fact about me, I am OBSESSED with Chinese food! And that is putting it lightly. In fact, during my pregnancy I basically lived off of the stuff. It even got so crazy that the owners of our local take out restaurant know my husband by name and know when we stray outside of our “usual order.”Yeah…we’re those people.
However, since I am no longer pregnant, have regained a little sensibility and am striving to torch a few of the post-baby pounds, I’m on a Chinese food hiatus. Of course though, my taste buds strongly oppose that idea. So in order to fight temptation, I decided to turn to this healthier alternative to help satisfy my cravings. Added bonus, significantly less bloat afterwards!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 Cup
Calories Per Serving: 90 Carbs: 14g Fat: 2g Protein:5g WW FlexPoints: 0
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 package frozen pre-riced cauliflower (you can also rice your own cauliflower if desired)
- 3 Cups Frozen Mixed Veggies
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 Whole Eggs
- Pam Zero Calorie Coconut Oil Spray
WHAT TO DO:
- **If you are ricing your own cauliflower, you will want to do this first. If not, proceed to next step**
- In oiled wok or any pan, sauté onion till brown.
- Place in frozen veggies and allow to thaw
- Pushing veggie mixture off to one side of the pan, add in eggs and allow them to fry on one side for 1-2 minutes. Scramble rest of uncooked egg with veggies.
- Add in riced cauliflower,soy sauce and stir. *Feel free to add in more soy sauce to achieve desired taste*
- Turn heat to low/medium heat and let cook (stirring occasionally) for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.