Date nights are not something done often around here. Of course this isn’t due to any negative reason at all but instead due to a practical one- it’s expensive! Not only would we need to budget for the food but unless we have family around, we would need to budget for a babysitter as well. Now, I’m not saying we don’t ever make our way to a restaurant but until we do, I like to hold this little weekly tradition as a way to reconnect.
So with little one in bed and the house nice and quiet, its time to get started on our quick, easy and delicious meal. On tonights menu: Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Farfalle.
Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Farfalle.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Baby Bella Mushrooms, Sliced- Use however many you’d like
- 1 Clove Garlic (I used Garlic Paste this time for ease and just guessed amount)
- Baby Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt to Taste
- 1 box of farfalle (or any type of pasta you prefer)
WHAT TO DO:
- Prepare pasta according to packaging
- Oil skillet with olive oil or butter, heat on medium and spread sliced mushrooms evenly. Don’t crowd the mushrooms. Toss until brown
- Once mushrooms have been cooked, add in cream, garlic, and salt
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes
- Stir in parmesan and baby spinach.
- Combine over pasta and serve immediately. Top with parmesan (you can also add goat cheese. I’ve tried both and each are equally amazing).