Okay, okay I have to stop for a second and boast a bit. I knocked this one out of the park. However, I can’t take full credit because I did use google to help me find a recipe to work with but if you know me, I don’t like to do things to the letter and I like to wing it. So when I found this original recipe, I decided to half-ass it and make it my way. Hence, quick and easy!
So to start, I decided to not make the meatballs and instead try using premade frozen ones instead. I got them from Aldi and let me tell you, holy moly they are freaking delicious. I mean granted, a homemade meatball is pretty darn great as well but mama ain’t got time for that so frozen it is!
Next, all you need is carrots, celery, yellow onion, a heck of a lot of garlic (I used jarred minced garlic and like 4 TBSP of it), and then 3 big things of low-sodium chicken broth. Again, easy!
I’ll write it all out below but for the sake of saving you time reading, just know that this was all made in under 30 minutes and tasted AMAZING!!! Seriously, what a simple and delicious winter meal to have.
What You’ll Need:
- 2TBSP Olive Oil
- 4-6 Peeled and chopped carrots
- 4-6 Celery Stalks- chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 4 TBSP Minced Garlic or 4 Cloves of Raw Garlic
- 3 x 32 fl oz Containers of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Package of Frozen Meatballs ( I used Bremer Italian Meatballs from Aldi)
- Pasta noodles- I used egg noodles for this but you can really use any you want
What to Do:
- In your soup pot, start by sautéing the carrots, celery, garlic, and onion in your olive oil. Sautee until soft or in my case until things start to accidentally burn lol
- Add in chicken stock
- Add in the desired amount of frozen meatballs
- Add in desired amount of uncooked pasta
- Cover and let boil until pasta is cooked to preferred softness
- Thats it, go eat!
Anyway, I told you it is EASY! I am so excited to have found a new go-to meal for my family and can’t wait for you all to try it. Be sure to let me know if you do and if you aren’t already, be sure to follow me over on Instagram for more life adventures, yummy meals, and more!