Although the holidays made at home meals a bit more challenging this month, I still managed to introduce a few and this one…. A HUGE WINNER! Especially for this pregnant mama. I dont know if you can tell but this growing baby girl of mine loves creamy dinners. I mean who doesn’t? And trust me, I am not complaining one bit!
So with that, take a look below and remember if you want other recipes to try, be sure to sign up for my newsletter here where I always include one exclusive recipe for subscribers only. You won’t want to miss out!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken with meat off bone OR 2 boneless/skinless chicken breast (shredded)
- 7 oz sour cream
- 8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
- 12 oz frozen peppers, onions (feel free to add in any other veggies if you want)
- 7oz Diced Green Chiles
- 8 soft taco size flour tortillas
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- mined garlic 2 TBSP (I usually eyeball the amount I put in but you can play around with us depending on how much you love garlic)
- OPTIONAL: Cilantro to garnish. I hate cilantro so I passed on that part but you can totally add that in
What to Do:
- pre heat oven to 400
- on stovetop, sauté chicken, green chilis, frozen peppers, cumin and chili and I along with 1 tablespoon of minced garlic. If your chicken was being stored in the fridge before use and is cold, I like to use a little chicken broth to help it cook down and shred better.
- Add 2-4oz of Monterey Jack cheese to chicken once everything is combined.
- In soft tortillas, place desired amount of chicken mixture. You will want to roll these up so make sure the amount you place it doesn’t overflow. Once rolled up, put in 9×13 baking dish
- Mix together sour cream, remaining cheese, 1 tbsp garlic, 2 cups chicken broth in separate bowl and then pour over rolled up tortillas
- Place in oven for 25 minutes
- Serve and eat your face off!
This was taken the first time I ever made these. Caught Kev scraping the pan because they’re just that good!
NUTRITION: Not putting it this time because I have no clue plus it all depends on how you want to make it. Bring down the carbs by omitting the rice or up the fat by using whole fat cheese. Its all up to you. Just remember, you are allowed to enjoy food and one decadent meal won’t ruin you 🙂
Be the first to comment